PennWell Dental Group

PennWell Dental Community

Keurig’s “Perk Up Your Practice” Contest

Information

Keurig’s “Perk Up Your Practice” Contest

Just share in 200 words or less how your practice currently boosts staff morale and the patient experience and why you could benefit from a “perk up.” You can also submit up to two photos with your entry. The entry period is from now until March 31.

Members: 35
Latest Activity: Jun 15, 2010

Discussion Forum

Has anyone gotten the 20% off coupon via email yet? 2 Replies

I think my title says it all :)Continue

Started by Kirsten Wisniakowski. Last reply by Smile for Life Dental May 24, 2010.

Smile for Life Dental~Dr. Dean Lodding Elgin,Illinois

At Smile for Life Dental, we are dedicated to creating an extraordinary experience for every individual that enters our office. We believe the key to achieving this excellence is through team…Continue

Started by Smile for Life Dental Mar 30, 2010.

Creating Extraordinary Smiles through Extraordinary Experiences/Smile for Life Dental~Dr. Dean Lodding-Elgin,Illinois

At Smile for Life Dental, we are dedicated to creating an extraordinary experience for every individual that enters our office. We believe the key to achieving this excellence is through team…Continue

Started by Smile for Life Dental Mar 23, 2010.

Submission from Stacey E. Lane, RDH, BS 1 Reply

Walking into our office, patient's feel welcome. Our lobby creates a comforting atmosphere that is open and inviting. Our staff encourage patients to discuss any concerns or fears they might have and…Continue

Started by Kevin Henry. Last reply by Mary Jane RDH BS Mar 22, 2010.

Comment Wall

Comment

You need to be a member of Keurig’s “Perk Up Your Practice” Contest to add comments!

Comment by Ira Biderman on March 29, 2010 at 4:44pm
My name is Ira Biderman and I have been in practice in Howard Beach, NY since 1981. I am a general dentist and have had the same philosophy since I bought the practice, which is, treat everyone, workers and patients, the same way you would want to be treated yourself. The morale in the office is excellent. I can count on one hand how many times we had to leave the office late during the past 29 years. On the 20th anniversary of the office, I took the workers and their spouses on a cruise to show them my appreciation. Two of the original three workers have retired recently and the one remaining one is stil working with me along with 5 other workers. During the 29 years of practice I only had to fire 2 workers, so Imust be doing something right. I do let the workers know that they are doing a great job. Concenring patients, again I treat them with the uptmost care and respect. Little things like remembering family events, vacations, etc. make them feel important. Whenever a patient has a difficult procedure I personally call them the following day to find out how they are feeling. I feel winning the Keruig machine will help the office tremendously. When patients walk into the office we can offer them a quick cup of coffee of their choice, and my workers can get that little pick me up drink, whenever they need it. I do enjoy being a dentist, and guess my son saw that growing up since he joined the practice in July of 2008, and as the saying goes we are learning from each other.
Comment by Waukon Dental on March 23, 2010 at 2:37pm
Waukon Dental ... Our theme for 2010 is "Making a Diffrence - Setting Ourselves Apart." The doctors always provide nothing less than consistent quality care to our patients. This is achieved by providing respect, encouragement to our patients and continued training to all our employees. We offer a "Care to Share" card to patients who will receive a free dental exam and the necessary cavity detecting x-rays who are new to our office. And to our existing patients who refer a friend or family member, we offer them a cash discount on their account.
The doctors continually perk up our staff by offering us monthly bonuses, fun money accounts - where the staff can spend a day at the spa or use it for an all staff vacation. We are a very close-knit dental team and we are always striving for new ways to give quality, compassionate dental care to our patients and setting our dental office apart from the others. Thank you for considering Waukon Dental for a new Keurig so our patients can enjoy gourmet coffee at a touch of a button!
Comment by amanda h on February 24, 2010 at 10:32am

I work in a small rural dental practice. We are a tight knit, coffee loving team of four; myself, two Assistants, and Doctor Ryan. Together we share over 75 years of dental experience. (The doctor and I being the newbies).

Our building, originally a bunkhouse for miners in the 1800s, has historical charm and has served as the Town Dental Office for decades.
Dr. Ryan conducts weekly and monthly prize drawings to celebrate success when we meet our goals. Birthdays and holidays are special occasions. Our practice is built on relationships. Patients are greeted by name. We are involved in our community. We attend high school football games and cheer on our patients while they play. We serve an underserved population and we would love to serve them a fresh cup of coffee.

Though we work great together the years of experience can be a barrier to success. Sometimes change is met with resistance. We have physically outgrown our office space which is frustrating at times. Attending a Levin Group Total Practice Seminar would benefit us, refresh team morale, and inspire us to be our best. Please Help us Perk Up Our Practice!

Comment by Dianna Langley on February 22, 2010 at 1:08pm
We would love to "Perk Up Our Practice". There are days our staff morale wanes. We have one or two cheerleaders in our staff count of 20, but some days even they can't cheer loud enough. We have tried many things for staff morale: recognition at staff meetings, a reward program called "Johnny Dollars" - awarded to a staff member by another staff member when they see a good deed or performance above and beyond, etc. If the top prize is truly a one-day in-office workshop with the Levin Group, we could certainly benefit. I am the office manager and I would love to see higher morale. A lot of the things we've tried in the past to boost morale was my idea, but without the continued backing from the doctors, it falls by the wayside.

The one great thing we can say is that we rarely advertise. Our patients love us despite flagging morale and word of mouth serves us better than any form of advertising we've seen. We try to make all patients feel like they are part of our family and are always happy to see them.
Comment by Wendy Wilson Cutler, RDH on February 21, 2010 at 3:48pm

Comment by Wendy Wilson Cutler, RDH on February 21, 2010 at 3:39pm
Comment by Wendy Wilson Cutler, RDH on February 21, 2010 at 3:29pm
I am grateful for the opportunity to enter the Perk Up Your Practice Contest. I have been a proud team member of Prosthodontics Atlanta for the last seven years. Our morale is routinely boosted with yearly office trips, plays & sharing dinners together. There are also monthly & yearly bonus targets to help us strive higher & stay motivated.

Our team is eager to provide Five-Star Service to all of our patients. We greet them warmly each day, offer them coffee/tea or water & we also validate their parking. We offer blankets, pillows & moist towels if needed to help increase their comfort level. We use intraoral cameras & large television screens to help educate them about their oral health. We use digital radiography to help reduce their radiation exposure & decrease treatment times. Patient education is a top priority for us.

We would greatly benefit from this “perk up” as we have recently gained a new team member that is still learning the concept of providing Five-star service. We would also enjoy learning new ways to improve our new patient experience as well as being able to provide them with a better customized cup of coffee.
Comment by Steve Lynch on February 17, 2010 at 4:38pm
At our practice, we take pride in doing excellent work, while maintaining great attitudes and having a good time. We have several "Theme Days" throughout each year. These are chosen randomly and are sometimes associated with holidays. We have had a "Retro Day", where all of our patients got necklaces with peace signs, "Rubber Ducky Day", where our patients picked up a rubber ducky to reveal a discounted percentage off of the price of their treatment that day. We have dressed up like Pirates and Tooth Fairies. Our dental team has a blast and it always keeps the morale up and everyone in good spirits! We always have a special gift for our patients associated with our theme. We always celebrate each patient’s birthday when it is near their appointment date with a cupcake, candle, and balloon. And, we always sing happy birthday to them with our party hats on and blowing our party horns! The patients love coming in and guessing what we will be dressed up like next. Coming to the dentist is hard for some patients, so this lightens the mood and seems to put them at ease..as would a nice cup of coffee!
Comment by Steve Lynch on February 17, 2010 at 4:15pm

Comment by susan on February 17, 2010 at 3:58pm
Our state of the art dental office currently boasts of two amazing dental assistants, an office manager and a doctor that patients appreciate. Victor K. Ryoo, D.D.S., Inc. is a three year old dental practice that was built from scratch, located in Fullerton, California. Today, Dr. Ryoo’s dental office production far exceeds expectations. This is due to Dr. Ryoo’s dedication on providing excellent dental care, which can been seen from the office design, meticulous dental treatment to staff care. The staff knows that Dr. Ryoo sees each staff member as an integral part of his practice and is treated like family. Dr. Ryoo appreciates his staff as an individual and that each person’s uniqueness makes his office a positive place for his patients. Since we all LOVE coffee, we have daily coffee time over official meeting/huddle. It would be great to have a coffee maker that allows us to brew a perfect cup that meets each individual’s liking. Since staff member’s individuality makes our practice a success, a coffee maker that meets the personality of our practice will definitely “perk up” our day!

Members (34)

© 2014   Created by Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service