PennWell Dental Group

PennWell Dental Community

2011 Before and After Contest

Information

2011 Before and After Contest

Upload your best before and after photos prior to Feb. 28 at 11:59 p.m. CT. The winner will be voted upon by the community and featured in DE. Open to U.S. residents only. Good luck!

Members: 16
Latest Activity: Mar 31, 2011

Voting begins on Monday, March 7!

Thanks to all of you for entering. Our judges are now selecting the finalists and voting by you (yes you ... the members of the community) begins on Monday, March 7.

Discussion Forum

Dental Tips and Short Cuts

.     While on my cooling off period, I thought I would share tips and tricks that I have found to make Dentistry Easier. Inexpensive Custom Shade tabs.   When you want to communicate with your lab…Continue

Started by john McAllister Mar 17, 2011.

TIME TO RESET THE VOTE!

TIME TO RESET THE VOTE!  Continue

Started by john McAllister Mar 14, 2011.

MID

The case that I posted has had NO tooth structure removed.  I would like to see the preps of the other cases.

Started by john McAllister Mar 9, 2011.

Minnimally Invasive Treatment

Consider the case when voting.  Ask yourself if this were my mouth would I like the minimally invasive procedure.  Look at the cases ask yourself how much tooth structure was removed to get the…Continue

Started by john McAllister Mar 9, 2011.

Comment Wall

Comment

You need to be a member of 2011 Before and After Contest to add comments!

Comment by john McAllister on March 31, 2011 at 11:55pm

HA!  Looks like you will be publishing some Chicklets!  HA!

Though the editors can still consider publishing something with some substance.  LANAP Periolase Video

Comment by john McAllister on March 26, 2011 at 11:13am

While some were here stuffing the ballot I was lecturing on my case.

Trailor  SEE THIS!

Comment by john McAllister on March 17, 2011 at 11:59am

While on this "Cooling Off" period let me share some

Tips and Tricks

I have found these disposable shade tabs a blessing.  They are a wonderful comunication tool to use for a very reasonable price I think they come in packages of 10 for only a Buck.  Can't beat that deal;-)  

Whenever I want a white, monochromatic, and lifeless crowns I send my trusty disposable shade tab.  

My concern with lab techs is they sometimes want to be a Rembrandt or a Da Vinci!  I don't want that!  I do not need incisal translucency!  

Patient desires are my primary concern. So when my patient shows me cartoons of what a smile should look like, it is not up to me or the lab to create nature. In cases like these this is when the disposable tabs come in handy.  I am a retailer so if you want more info Email me.

Comment by Mary Jane RDH BS on March 16, 2011 at 10:59am
It is understandable..no one needs that kind of pressure.
Comment by john McAllister on March 16, 2011 at 10:53am

I would like to sincerely apologize.  I admit I have lashed out.  I am truly sorry. 

I have been under some stress having received letters this month from the CSP under the direction of the AAP, and one from the CDA under the direction of the ADA with threats against my livelihood my dental license with copies to the dental board for reasons directly and indirectly related to this case and my use of LANAP.

Comment by Mary Jane RDH BS on March 16, 2011 at 6:51am
This is a good contest..keep it clean and easy going. Your are all, I am sure, great clinicians, with different approaches to prosthetics. This is a good way to share ideas and learn from each other.
Comment by john McAllister on March 15, 2011 at 10:59pm
IMO some of these cases the lab should be given credit for the work.  Unless the preps are shown.  Anyone can slap on chiclete white porcelain.
Comment by john McAllister on March 15, 2011 at 10:55pm
Kevin,  If I were you I would want to see the preps and the original pics.  Look closely.  Could photoshop been used??
Comment by john McAllister on March 15, 2011 at 10:54pm

Kevin,  Is this a rigged competition?  Are you wasting our time?

Comment by john McAllister on March 15, 2011 at 7:28pm
Next year 
I just wanted to share my first case with the new "Chicle-Neers" porcelain. Normally, I''m not a fan of no-prep veneers, but this is a system that provides superior esthetics to other no-prep systems, and its totally reversible!

See what you think!

Members (16)

© 2014   Created by Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service